To help our partners get all the latest updates on the Coronavirus outbreak we have pulled together all the information below, which we will keep updated over the coming weeks.
Cheshire and Warrington Updates:
- You can apply for a small business grant via the Warrington.gov.uk website here.
- Business rates grants available from Cheshire West and Chester Council for west Cheshire’s businesses during the Coronavirus crisis.
- Cheshire East businesses should apply for funding directly using this form.
- Here is a form that businesses can use to register any services they are providing during the Coronavirus pandemic. This could be take away deliveries or a pick up option for orders that have been called in and paid for in advance, particularly if people are being supported through isolation by neighbours, friends or relatives. If your business is offering such services please complete the form and return to Gemma Baxter - email@example.com
- Temporary Job Vacancies
- Sub-regional response (Cheshire East Council) for business support against COVID-19
- Sub-regional response (Cheshire West and Chester Council) for business support against COVID-19
- The LEP is working closely with local authorities and government.
- A survey has been created to gather business intelligence.
- Updates are on the Growth Hub website, being updated daily.
- The Growth Hub are also sending regular newsletters, which can be signed up to here. The latest one was sent today and can be viewed here.
- The Growth Hub is continuing to support businesses and is offering video and telephone meetings.
- Marketing Cheshire have created a guide for their members and the wider retail, leisure, hospitality and tourism sector businesses.
Marketing Cheshire are also liaising with the hospitality sector offering support and providing advice and information through social media. They are also maintaining the profile of Chester, Cheshire and our destinations.
- Any Cheshire West and Chester resident who requires online help and support getting back into employment as a result of the ongoing Coronavirus situation, please contact the CheshireWwest and Chester Work Zone team for advice and support. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Local telephone numbers can be found here
Latest advice for Visitor Economy businesses:
- Updates to guidance for hotel accommodation to support key workers and vulnerable people.
- New guidance for food businesses which details need to know information about coronavirus and food, food hygiene guidance, managing employee sickness, social distancing and maintaining social distancing in specific food business settings.
- The Business rates: expanded retail discount guidance has been updated to cover certain properties previously excluded from the relief, but that have been forced to close as a result of coronavirus restrictions.
- Guidance on Grant Schemes - This guidance sets out details and eligibility criteria for the Small Business Grants Fund (SBGF) and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF), informing local authorities about the operation and delivery of the two funding schemes.
- Latest update and advice
- If you work in hospitality & need assistance at these troubling times the Hospitality Action COVID-19 Grant will be open for applications at 9am on Monday (23 March) morning hospitalityaction.org.uk
Businesses and other organisations:
- A new HMRC helpline to help businesses concerned about paying their tax due to coronavirus (COVID-19). Up to 2,000 experienced call handlers are available to support businesses and individuals when needed. The new number is 0800 024 1222.
- Support for self-employed through the Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- Support for businesses through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- From today (25 March 2020), businesses can apply for a 3-month extension for filing their accounts with Companies House. This will help businesses to prioritise and manage the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. You can find more details in the press release: https://bit.ly/3atMldP
- The Government has announced a series of measures to significantly increase the economic support available to businesses and workers during coronavirus.These measures include unlimited loans and guarantees to support firms and help them manage staff wages and cashflow through this period. For more information about the Government coronavirus measures available and eligibility, please visit their website.
- New Coronavirus Business Support Website launched.
- Commercial tenants who cannot pay their rent because of coronavirus will be protected from eviction.
- Guidance for businesses and other venues on social distancing measures
- How to keep your employees safe
- How to clean workplaces safely
- Check what you need to do about Statutory Sick Pay
- Find out what to do for different businesses and organisations
- What the government is doing to support businesses
- Download information about the Government's Support Package for individuals, businesses and public services.
- Find guidance about business insurance here
- For business support in Cheshire and Warrington visit the Cheshire and Warrington Growth Hub website.
How to protect yourself and others:
- Guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK
- If the Coronavirus is impacting your mental health or you need mortgage or rent advice during these troubling times please take a look at Hospitality Action's latest help sheets.
- Guidance for those who are self isolating and need support
- How to keep yourself and family safe at home
- Find out what social distancing is and how to protect vulnerable people
- Download and print the official poster from HM Government re: Coronavirus and hand washing guidelines. These can be printed and displayed within your business. Other official collateral can be viewed and downloaded for use.
- The latest guidance on COVID-19 is being updated daily by the Department of Health and Social Care, and Public Health England.
- Department of Health and Social Care are updating Twitter daily
Employment and financial support:
- People unable to work for more than seven days because of coronavirus (COVID-19) can obtain an isolation note through a new online service.
- The guidance defining key workers can be found here.
- Check if you can get statutory sick pay (SSP)
- Check if you're eligible for Universal Credit
- Check if you're eligible for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Your rights if your hours are cut or you’re laid off
- What to do if you cannot pay your tax bill on time
- Information for British citizens living or travelling abroad
- Foreign travel advice for each country
- What to do if you're visiting the UK from China and you can't travel home
- Foreign Secretary advises all British travellers to return to the UK now.
- The Home Office has published new guidance on immigration provisions for individuals affected by travel restrictions associated with coronavirus (COVID-19). The Home Office is providing visa extensions for those affected by coronavirus. Visitors are asked to check GOV.UK.
- School closures: advice for parents and carers
- School closures and children of key workers
- Schools, childcare, further and higher education: advice for headteachers
Coronavirus (Covid-19) cases in the UK: