1. Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life is a series of fun and inspiring women-only events raising money for research to help beat over 200 types of cancer.
2. Pretty Muddy is an exciting, mud-splattered addition to the Race for Life family - which also includes 5k, 10k, Pretty Muddy Kids, Half Marathon and Hiking challenges.
3. Pretty Muddy is a women-only, non-competitive 5k obstacle course - with added mud, thrills and spills. The event is open to women and girls aged 13 and over.
4. Participants will face a number of messy and muddy obstacles to climb over, crawl under and charge through - plus a few surprises in between!
5. Participants can tackle the course at their own pace. It isn’t about blood, sweat and tears - it’s about fun, friendship and fundraising to help beat cancer sooner. This year, there are 88 epic Pretty Muddy events across the UK.
6. Boys and girls can also get muddy for a good cause and take part in Pretty Muddy Kids - a new exciting obstacle course designed just for children aged 5 to 12 years old.
7. Volunteers play a vital part in the success of Pretty Muddy events - there are roles for both men and women, and it’s a great way to connect with your local community.
8. Look the part on event day with the official Pretty Muddy merchandise range - from slogan t-shirts and vests to wristbands and accessories.
9. Money raised through Race for Life will help Cancer Research UK scientists find new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat the disease, helping save more lives.
10. Signing up to take part couldn’t be easier - simply visit raceforlife.org or call 0300 123 0770