Middlewich Heritage Trust has today, alongside our sponsors Jugglers Management Accounting Services Ltd and Middlewich Town Council, launched their very first Calendar.
The ‘Your Heritage’ Photographic competition has been running for the last eight years as an exhibition staged as part of the Folk and Boat Festival. Due to discussions with previous entrants and keen photographers it was decided to change the competition into presenting a calendar, thereby making the competition digital only entries for the first time.
Kerry Kirwan, Heritage Officer says “I think it was time to change the way we did the competition, it’s one of the highlights of the year going through the entries; there are so many talented people out there. However the exhibition wasn’t working anymore, we felt that people didn’t get the chance to see the pictures as the exhibition was only on for a day. We came up with the idea of showcasing the best 12 photographs in a calendar which would also help us as a charity to raise money for local heritage projects. I am really pleased with the result!”
Over one hundred entries were received, thank you very much to those who entered, supported and judged the competition. Thank you to our sponsors Jugglers Management Accounting Services Ltd and Middlewich Town Council. \
The winning pictures are:
- Winter Wonderland by Natasha Harrop from Middlewich
- Winter Canal by Aneta Talbot from Nantwich
- Pekin Robin by Ray Hill From Winsford
- Boy Racer by Kath Hill from Winsford
- Golden Light by Ryan Mottram from Middlewich
- Little Moreton Ball by Aneta Talbot from Nantwich
- Punch and Judy by Aneta Talbot from Nantwich
- Lavender Mansion by Aneta Talbot from Nantwich
- Ready for the Rut by Ray Hill from Winsford
- Birds at Sunset by Rebecca Styles from Crewe
- Reg by Kath Hill from Winsford
- Christmas Mexon Market by Alastair Griffiths from Middlewich
The overall winner picked was ‘Ready for the Rut’ by Ray Hill who won our competition trophy and vouchers.
The Middlewich Heritage Trust Calendar is now on sale! Any profit made from the sale goes to the work of the Heritage Trust, preserving Middlewich heritage including buildings, artefacts and archives as a resource for the benefit of residents and the wider public. You can purchase it online at: http://www.middlewich-heritage.org.uk/merch/ at £7.99 plus postage or buy your calendar from Temptations on Wheelock Street or from our office at Victoria Building.
Interested in taking part next year? Get snapping and look out for the competition launch in February 2019.